Celeriac Soup Recipe
Over the course of January, we’ll be focussing on several different seasonal vegetables, and how they’re best put to use. First up is the celeriac. Team member Katie likes to enjoy it in a soup, accompanied by fennel and beans. Let us know what you think if you decide to give it a try.
Ingredients - Serves 4
1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 chopped white onion, 2 leeks, sliced & washed. Katie adds half a sliced fennel bulb as an extra veg treat.
1. Sweat down the ingredients on a low heat for 10 mins.
2. Add peeled and chunked celeriac with a vegetable stock to cover.
3. Cook on medium heat until celeriac softens (around 15 mins).
4. Blend soup to semi smooth texture, add seasoning to taste e.g. sea salt, black or white pepper.
5. Serve with a chunk of sourdough. For a lux lunch top your soup bowl with chopped hazelnuts & truffle oil drizzle.